Thursday, May 25, 2006

WISN Channel 12 Can Go Straight to Heck

Frustration is trying to watch the season finale of LOST, only to have half the picture cut off by a severe weather warning. In the past 10 years, weather has turned into sensationalism. Usually it doesn't cross paths with me, but last night sensational weather and I met, and it was less then pleasant.

Local TV stations have somehow decided that the only thing people care about is the weather. It's probably true. With advent of the internet, CNN, and about a billion jack ass bloggers, people get their news elsewhere. The only thing these local stations have to hang their hats on is weather. It's literally the only thing they can own.

I don't know about you, but my nipples don't get hard when I hear Advance Dopler 9000 Storm Xtremetrac. But obviously other peoples do, cause every news station in America now focuses it's effort, and advertising around these features. Some networks have even resorted to boasting that they're the first to give the weather of any station.

So please TV stations. When it's the season finale to one of my favorite shows please spare me with the stormtrac garbage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd Norem said...

Ahh...a fellow LOST fan. I watched the recap thing they aired before the episode, and it was loaded with doppler crap. Last night I watched the remaining episodes I needed to see to be ready for the finale. It'll piss me off it the doppler crap is there when I go to watch it. Nothing like seeing annoying alerts for yesterday's weaher. Seems like you should be able to tivo them out.

9:31 AM  
Blogger laughjon said...

I got the same email twice. That's right I sent two complaint emails. You're exactly right. But whats even more frustrating is that this wasn't threatening weather. It was a thunderstorm.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home