Sunday, August 13, 2006

Holla for Lolla











Went to Lollapooloza (sp.?) this year. For those who don't know it's held in Grant Park. Just east of the Loop in downtown Chicago. Pictures include Ryan Adams talking about eggs, very underwhelming performance. If this guy would lose the attitude and just play music his career would soar. But, he hasn't done that. Also, a picture of Ween just after sunset. They played the Mollusk while fireworks were going off, very brown. The centerpiece of the festival was Buckingham Fountain. There's a phot of that right at sunset. Gnarls Barkley wore their all whites for Chicago. And a bunch of Flaming Lips. Imagine if Carrot Top rocked and you'd have an idea of a Flaming Lips show. Kind of silly, but they do play some great music.

Lolla=fun time but a ton of money. 170 or so for the tickets and probably 200 or so on beer, transportation, food, etc. But I guess that's the price you pay for concerts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Norem said...

So should I go see the Flaming Lips at the MN State Fair? They've gotten so gimmicky that I can't really make up my mind if I'd like to see them or not, and Wayne's voice can be atrocious live. Is he still doing the bleeding thing? I hate that shit. I wish those bitches would just play rock and roll again.

Nice pics, Jon.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home