Tuesday, April 04, 2006

PLAY BALL!

I'm so excited. Last night as I lay in bed I couldn't help but think how great it is that baseball is back. Opening day is such an important day in every baseball fans season. Yeah there's the cliche's. Every team has hope. We're all in first when the pitcher takes the ball. But I think there's more.

Of course my team, the Milwaukee Brewers, are more optimistic than anyone. With the emergence of young talent they're ready to contend this year. For what? Not quite sure yet. Could be a playoff spot, or the most disappointing team ever. Whatever it is, it's in the future. No one can see that far.

And my other team, my fantasy team. They're poised to do well this year too. At least I hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Couldn't agree more .. even though my beloved Orioles have, easily, the stupidest owner in the game, I look forward to opening day more than just about any day of the year

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

to be contrary. to rain upon your parade. and because it's true.

baseball is a game of statistics. it has all the joy of speed reading a spreadsheet.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home