Monday, October 23, 2006

They Don't Make 'Em like this Anymore--Night Court



There was a point in time when John Larroquette was at the top of the TV world. Unfortunately those days are gone. A man as talented as Larroquette can only last so long before the fire burns out, the laughter quiets and the world turns it back on the man who made it laugh so much. Who could forget Second Sight, and most importantly Night Court. One of the best shows to ever take place inside the walls of a Manhatten Arraignment Courthouse.

The magic of Night Court was Dan Fielding, and we all know who played him. Menudo had Ricky Martin, Night Court had Dan Fielding. Of course there's a supporting cast.

I'm a big Harry Anderson fan. Who isn't? A dual threat. You see his magic and you think, "Can he do any more?" The answer is, yes he can. He's also a comedian! I couldn't think of anyone better to play a judge. In fact I'd love for Harry Anderson to continue the judging. Maybe during a daytime trial show. The People's Court starring Harry Anderson. Then when he's supposed to hit the gavel he hits a rubber chicken. Yuka...Yuka.

Judge Harold Stone is supported by court clerk MacIntosh "Mac" Robinson who's got the heart of a teddy bear. Secretly I always wanted Mac and Roz to get it on. I mean come on, similar backgrounds and you always thought Mac tired of his Vietnamese wife. It never happened. Man that Roz was one tough cookie.

Which brings me to Bull. If I was casting a movie where I needed a dopey baliff who was child like in appearence as well as mentality, I'd give Richard Moll a call. Probably the next best character on the show, after of course Dan Fielding.

In the end, Night Court, was one of the best second tier shows of the eighties. The 90's had Wings, the 80's had Night Court.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Baron said...

I can't believe you forgot about Art the Janitor!

[Harry has been taking care of a man's funeral ashes in a small urn]
Harry Stone: Hey, this thing's empty!
Art Fensterman: Oh that, yeah I'm sorry, Your Honor, I had to use that herb tea to test the coffee maker.
Harry Stone: Art, this wasn't herb tea! This was Herb!
[they look over and see Dan standing at the coffee maker, his mug frozen against his lips]

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home