Tuesday, December 20, 2005

That's Classic


This is Turner Classic Movies(TCM) current tagline. And I think these are some of the best print ads I've seen in a while. I've seen these ads in Entertainment Weekly, and Sports Illustrated. The layout is simple. Two colors on one page that's cut directly in half. My favorite one says "When you have a killer computer, that's impressive. When you have a killing computer, that's classic." HAL, that's the first thing I thought of. That jerk. Amazing bit of copy. So to the point. Then in the middle is the guy from 2001 sitting in his space suit. Just a great ad campaign. Classic in every sense. There are more too. One for King Kong (the old one not Lord of the Rings part 4), North by Northwest, and Pyscho to name a few.

There's also a TV spot that I've seen before movies in the theatre. It's pretty much the print but in TV form. I don't have any examples, but hopefully you'll keep an eye out for these. And I realize I said TV spot before a moive. Ok I mean trailer. Or Movie spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home